1. 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are among the only animated Disney films where both parents are present and don’t die during the course of the movie.
2. Pixar credits its success to going against Disney’s standard narrative elements: No songs, no “I want” moments, no happy village, no love story, no villain.
4. When it was released, The Lion King came under fire when people thought the word “SEX” could be read in a puff of dust during one scene. Animators claimed that the dust actually spells “SFX,” which is a nod to the film’s special effects team.
5. A hyena biologist sued Disney for portraying hyenas as villains in The Lion King.
6. The group Abba was originally intended to do the music for The Lion King, but they weren’t available, so Disney went with Elton John.
7. The “asante sana squash banana” song that Rafiki sings in The Lion King is an old nursery rhyme in Swahili.
8. The creators of The Lion King have been accused of lifting elements from an anime series from the 1960s called Kimba the White Lion
9. Beast’s appearance in Beauty and the Beast is an amalgamation of several animals. It’s said he has the head of a buffalo, the brow of a gorilla, the body of a bear, the mane of a lion, the tusks of a boar, and the legs and tail of a wolf.
10. Jackie Chan provided the speaking and singing voice for Beast in the Chinese version of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.